If you were forced to shut down, could you still cover your operating expenses?
Business Interruption Insurance
Business Interruption Insurance helps you pay bills, replace lost income and cover payroll when a covered event forces your business to close temporarily. If your business is forced to move or rebuild because of a disaster such as a fire, business interruption insurance can help reimburse you for lost profits, mortgage/rent, utilities, taxes, payroll, advertising and relocation fees.
- Revenue you’d normally make if your business was open.
- Mortgage, rent and lease payments for the space your business operates from.
- Loan payments that you need to make during that time.
- Taxes, whether you pay them monthly or quarterly.
- Payroll for your employees.
- Relocation costs if you have to move to a new or temporary location because of physical damages.
- Extra expenses if, for example, you need to rent another space to temporarily run your business after a covered loss.
- Training costs for employees to learn how to use new machinery or equipment after a covered loss.
What’s Not Covered
- Broken items resulting from a covered event or loss.
- Flood or earthquake damage, for which you’ll need a separate policy.
- Undocumented income that’s not listed on your business’ financial records.
- Utilities, because they’re usually turned off when your business closes due to damage.
- Communicable diseases that cause a shutdown in your operation.
Interested in an insurance proposal at no obligation or cost?
Need more business insurance coverages?
General Liability Insurance | Business Auto Insurance | Workers' Comp Insurance
Contractors Equipment Insurance | Cyber Liability Insurance | Employment Practices Liability Insurance
Product Liability Insurance | Professional Liability Insurance | Commercial Property Insurance
Credit Insurance | Crime, Riots, and Civil Disorder | Cyber Crime
Business Interruption Insurance | Directors and Officers Insurance | Commercial Umbrella Insurance
Surety Bonds | Pollution Liability Insurance
Coughlin Insurance Services, Inc.
178 Myrtle Boulevard, Floor 2, Larchmont, NY 10538
Toll Free : (800) 542-0661
Tel: (914) 834-1234 Tel: (212) 593-0200