Stay on top of medical costs and day-to-day expenses by replacing a portion of your normal income.
Coughlin Short-Term Disability Insurance
Short-term disability insurance is an insurance product that replaces your income for a short period of time in the event that you experience a disability. You may need to use a disability insurance policy to provide income while you’re unable to work. While long-term disability insurance can offer years of replacement income, short-term disability helps during a temporary injury or illness, or when you give birth.
Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Typically replaces 60% to 70% of base salary
- Pays out for a few months to one year, depending on the policy
- May have a short waiting period, such as two weeks, after you become disabled and before benefits are paid
Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Typically replaces 40% to 60% of base salary
- Benefits end when the disability ends. If the disability continues, benefits end after a certain number of years or at retirement age.
- A common waiting period is 90 days after disability before benefits are paid
Interested in an insurance proposal at no obligation or cost?
Coughlin Insurance Services, Inc.
178 Myrtle Boulevard, Floor 2, Larchmont, NY 10538
Toll Free : (800) 542-0661 Tel: (914) 834-1234 Tel: (212) 593-0200