Help your employees put the people in their lives first.
Group Life Insurance
Group life insurance is offered by an employer or another large-scale entity, such as an association or labor organization, to its workers or members. It is fairly inexpensive, may even be free, and is pretty common nationwide. It has a relatively low coverage amount and is typically offered as a piece of a larger employer or membership benefit package.
- It’s convenient. Getting coverage through work can be relatively easy. The paperwork is often part of your hiring documents, and HR departments are typically on hand to answer questions
- Usually Free. Basic coverage through work is usually free for the employee, making it an easy way to get a small amount of coverage at no cost to you
- It’s Guaranteed. Most basic life insurance plans through work are guaranteed, so even people with serious medical conditions can qualify. Select supplemental plans may also allow you to buy additional coverage, up to a set amount, without providing information about your health
- Coverage is tied to your job, so if you leave your job, you may not be able to take the policy with you. You might be able to convert your group policy to individual life insurance if you leave, but the cost could go up significantly
- Limited choice. Coverage through work tends to be a type of term life insurance, and employers typically only work with one carrier. Therefore, you won’t find the range of policy options that you might find outside of work.
- Low coverage amounts. You might not be able to buy as much life insurance as you need through your employer, as coverage amounts vary and can be low
Interested in an insurance proposal at no obligation or cost?
Coughlin Insurance Services, Inc.
178 Myrtle Boulevard, Floor 2, Larchmont, NY 10538
Toll Free : (800) 542-0661
Tel: (914) 834-1234 Tel: (212) 593-0200