Accidents can happen, but make sure you can pay for medical and other out-of-pocket costs.
Big or small, accidents happen. And the costs related to recovery can add up. With more and more workplaces switching to high-deductible health plans (HDHP), it’s become even more difficult for people to rely solely on their core medical insurance to cover all of their healthcare needs. Accident insurance can help you keep up with some of the most important things in life should the unexpected happen.
The following lists include common coverages and exclusions:
- Sprains, dislocations and fractures
- Lacerations, burns
- Eye injuries
- Torn knee cartilage
- Ruptured discs
- Hospitalization, confinement and inpatient rehab
- Ambulance, urgent care + ER services
What’s Not Covered
- Self-inflicted injury or sickness
- Injuries related to pre-existing conditions
- Procedures that are not medically necessary
- Experimental or investigational procedures
- Procedures not prescribed by a doctor
- Injuries resulting from war or active duty military service
- Injuries sustained at work, while under the influence of drugs or alcohol or while participating in a high-risk activity like bungee jumping
Interested in an insurance proposal at no obligation or cost?
Coughlin Insurance Services, Inc.
178 Myrtle Boulevard, Floor 2, Larchmont, NY 10538
Toll Free : (800) 542-0661
Tel: (914) 834-1234 Tel: (212) 593-0200