Protect your holiday home, or home away from home.

Second Home Insurance

Second Home Insurance is protection for a property that isn’t your main residence. It could be your holiday home, or another property you live at when you're away from your family home.

You'll likely need to purchase a separate insurance policy for your second home if you want to protect its structure and the contents inside. If you have a mortgage on your second home, your lender may also require you to insure it, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).

Some factors that can affect your secondary homeowners insurance policy include:


Replacement Cost

Just like with your primary home policy, if your second home costs more to replace, it will affect your secondary homeowners insurance.



If your second home is empty for an extended period, it can be more vulnerable to damage.



Your insurance rate may be higher if your second home is far from emergency services.



If you’re going to offer your second home as a rental, you’ll most likely need additional coverage, like landlord insurance.

Interested in an insurance proposal at no obligation or cost?


Coughlin Insurance Services, Inc.
178 Myrtle Boulevard, Floor 2, Larchmont, NY 10538
Toll Free : (800) 542-0661
Tel: (914) 834-1234 Tel: (212) 593-0200

AFI White Logo
NFRA logo
PTNPA logo