Let’s make sure you have an extra measure of protection on top of CGL coverage.
Owners/Contractors Protective Liability Insurance
OCP does not replace CGL coverage. It’s a standalone project-specific policy that’s meant to protect one party, usually an owner or contractor. Specifically for the operations performed for owners by a designated contractor named on the declarations page.
Just view it as an extra measure of protection on top of CGL coverage.
- The project owner’s vicarious liability in connection with the contractor’s work
- The project owner’s acts or omissions in connection with the general supervision of the contractor
What’s Not Covered?
- Claims due to the project owner’s negligence, unless it’s related to the acts of “general supervision” of the contractor
- Note: OCP coverage is limited to liabilities during the policy period and at the job site listed on the declarations page
Advantages of an OCP
- Protection is solely for a project owner. That person or the company alone receives primary coverage with a separate, dedicated set of limits
- Under a CGL policy with an owner named as an “additional insured,” they share protection with other parties. This means the coverage limits apply to all parties
- An OCP policy is also primary, meaning its coverage applies first before other insurance policies that the owner may have
Interested in an insurance proposal at no obligation or cost?
Need more business insurance coverages?
General Liability Insurance | Business Auto Insurance | Workers' Comp Insurance
Contractors Equipment Insurance | Cyber Liability Insurance | Employment Practices Liability Insurance
Product Liability Insurance | Professional Liability Insurance | Commercial Property Insurance
Credit Insurance | Crime, Riots, and Civil Disorder | Cyber Crime
Business Interruption Insurance | Directors and Officers Insurance | Commercial Umbrella Insurance
Surety Bonds | Pollution Liability Insurance
Coughlin Insurance Services, Inc.
178 Myrtle Boulevard, Floor 2, Larchmont, NY 10538
Toll Free : (800) 542-0661
Tel: (914) 834-1234 Tel: (212) 593-0200